WHY WAS SHE ANGRY?
A young man was in love with a beautiful girl. One day she said to him: "It is my birthday tomorrow." "Oh," said the young man, "I'll send you roses, one rose for each year of your life."
The same evening he went to a florist's. As he knew that the girl was twenty two years old, he paid for twenty two roses and asked the florist to send them to the girl the next day.
The florist knew the young man very well as he had often bought flowers in his shop before. When the young man left the shop, the florist thought:
"This young man is a very good customer. I think that my price was too high. I'll send ten more roses."
He did so. The next morning thirty two roses were sent to the girl. When the young man came to see her she didn't want to speak to him. And he never knew why she was so angry with him.
1. Who was in love with a beautiful girl?
2. What did the girl say to the young man one day?
3. What did the girl have the next day?
4. How many roses did the boy promise to send?
5. Where did he go the same evening?
6. How many roses did the boy pay for?
7. Why did the florist add 10 roses more?
8. How many roses did the girl get the next morning?
9. Was the girl glad to see the young man the next morning?
10. Did he know why she was angry with him?
11. Why was she angry with him?