"HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY?"
A certain tyrant was in the habit of writing verses which he himself thought perfect. Since he was a king, the people to whom he showed them didn't contradict him and praised them to the skies. One day the tyrant showed his verses to a learned man who found them poor. This made the king so angry that he sent his critic to prison. Some time passed and he made up his mind to pardon the critic. When the man returned from prison the tyrant invited him to dinner. Again he showed him his verses and again asked what lie thought of them. The learned man turned to the guards who stood by and said, "Take me back to prison!"
1. What habit was a certain tyrant in?
2. What did he think about his verses himself?
3. Whom did he show his verses?
4. Did people like his verses?
5. Why did they like his verses?
6. Who found the verses poor?
7. What made the king angry?
8. Where did he send the learned man?
9. What did the king make up his mind to do in some time?
10. Where did the king invite the learned man?
11. What did the king show to the learned man?
12. Did the learned man praise the verses?
13. What did the learned man say?